Professional Problem Solver Certification
Coming Fall of 2022
THIS CERTIFICATION Will help you
- Learn the language of lean
- Eliminate waste
- Contribute more to improvement projects
- Implement quick wins
- Methodically improve processes
“This training will help us develop employees who are looking to learn more about how they can contribute to process improvement all while spending less time away from work. ”
Scott Bliss, VP Operations, Innovize
THE CERTIFICATION INCLUDES
3 On-demand Courses + Coaching
Identifying Problems to Solve
Video courses and practical workbook exercises so you can learn the PDCA cycle, 8-wastes, and how to write the 6-parts of a clear problem statement. The application of these techniques will help you get the resources you need from management and avoid having to rework a problem.
• Define a process, problem and opportunity for improvement
• Identify and eliminate waste
• Know the difference between value add and non-value add work
• Write a clear problem statement (not a solution statement)
• Learn to find common problems, problem solvers solve
Getting to the Root Cause
Video courses and practical workbook exercises so you learn the best practices of 5-why’s and fishbone diagrams. The application of these techniques will help you avoid addressing symptoms and prevent firefighting.
• Define root cause tools
• Know when to use 5-why’s and when to use fishbone
• Overcome obstacles to applying 5-why’s and fishbone’s
• Learn when you’ve really reached the root cause
Video courses and practical workbook exercises so you can lean what 5S, Visual Management, Kanban, Mistake Proofing and Standard Work are as well as how they can be used to improve processes. The application of these techniques will help you avoid confusing activity with results.
• Define lean improvement tools
• Aquire the mindset of a problem solver
• Understand the impact and difficulty of solving different problems
• Learn verification methods to ensure improvement was made
Talk to a coach after you complete the video courses and practical workbook exercises so you know you’re doing it right. Your coach Jeremy Blake has real-world experience applying the same improvement tools you will be learning. Coaching will help you:
• Complete the application exercises in your workbook
• Overcome barriers to applying what you learn
• Never feel stuck or alone
Kara is the Director of Operations at Artistic Finishes, Inc. She brings with her over 15 years of experience in facilitating, managing and leading Continuous Improvement efforts including 100+ Kaizen activities.
Peter is the Vice President, Business Process Optimization at ACIST Medical and a Six Sigma Black Belt. He has over 25 years of design, operations, and quality leadership experience. During his career, he has supported complex, high technology products manufactured in multiple international facilities in a wide variety of industries
Matt is Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Jack Link’s Protein Snacks. He was most recently their Director of Continuous Improvement. Matt supports a global network of locations, feeding team members wild side through sustainable change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this certification for?
Operators, Specialists, Technicians, Manufacturing or Quality Engineers
What is the time commitment for the certification?
On-demand courses and coaching may be completed in 1-2 months
When will the training be available?
Fall of 2022
COMING FALL OF 2022
Want to be notified when the certification is available?